Geoffrey Reed leads the firm's real estate offering in Wales. He offers an impressive transactional development practice and is considered by commentators to be "a fantastic lawyer" with "a great reputation.
Geoff leads the Real Estate team based in Wales. He has extensive experience in all aspects of property work for both the public and private sectors and has acted on a number of major property transactions in recent years.
Main areas of practice
He has particular expertise in the procurement, acquisition, funding, letting and disposal of commercial industrial and residential property. Geoff is highly regarded by clients and colleagues for his commerciality and technical expertise.
Clients are investors, developers, banks and occupiers. He also acts for Welsh Government and local authorities.
- A private property investor in the sale of city centre shopping arcades at circa £21m.
- A joint venture company on the sale of 180 acres of land to national housebuilder for major strategic residential and commercial development including complex overage provisions and land options.
- A major fund on the £15m refurbishment of Distribution Centre and regearing of lease to Primark.
- For Welsh Government on multi-million acquisition of technology park.
- For private developer on the acquisition funding and letting of 12 storey 216 bedroom city centre hotel.
- For a national lender on loan facility of £10m to overseas property investment company secured by legal charges over 18 investment properties.
- For Llanelli Scarlets RFC on the development of their new Parc y Scarlets stadium.
Geoff qualified in 1983 and became a partner AT Blake Morgan in 1988. He became head of the Welsh property team in 2009.