The service that Heather provided to our Company was second to none. She has a friendly yet professional manner and I would thoroughly recommend Heather.
Heather is a key member of the Commercial Litigation team in Southampton who works with a wide variety of clients to resolve complex contractual disputes.
Main areas of practice
Heather has a great deal of experience advising in-house lawyers and senior employees on a wide range of corporate and commercial disputes including commercial contract claims, breach of warranty claims following the sale and purchase of a business, and disputes relating to employee restrictive covenants.
Heather also acts for partnerships and directors of businesses advising on matters where there has been breach of directors’ duties, shareholders agreement disputes, and deals with the dissolution of partnerships following a parting of ways.
Heather has a broad range of cases which often involve proceedings in the High Court and Court of Appeal but she also utilises a range of alternative dispute resolution methods where appropriate to settle disputes outside of the court process which can often be less time consuming and more cost-effective for clients.
Heather’s work varies from long-running cases involving complex facts and legal arguments to urgent without notice applications for injunctions; she also provides guidance on day to day commercial dispute queries.
Heather acts for a broad range of clients from individuals based in the UK and overseas to corporate clients including local SMEs and well-known national and international brands. Heather receives instructions from clients across all industries although she has particular experience of acting for businesses in the retail sector.
Whether a client is looking to enforce its legal rights or protect its position Heather finds practical solutions that meet each business’ individual needs. Clients find Heather attentive and approachable.
- Employee Non-Compete and Confidentiality
- Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- Corporate and Shareholder Disputes
Heather studied Law at the University of Kent in Canterbury before completing the Legal Practice Course at the University of Law in 2008. She qualified as a solicitor at Coffin Mew based on the South coast and then worked at Shoosmiths, joining Blake Morgan in September 2016.
Heather is part of the cross-office team which organises our in-house lawyer forums and initiated the Next Generation Network, a successful networking group for local business professionals.
- Advising on breach of restrictive covenant issues securing the return of confidential information, preventing unlawful competition and obtaining a payment of damages.
- Acting for the purchaser of a business following completion in order to resolve a dispute regarding the accounts which led to a payment to our client in excess of £250,000.
- Advising the directors and shareholders of a security surveillance technology company on its remedies against an investment company following breaches of its shareholders' agreement.
- Acting for a partner in a long running dispute involving the sale of assets of the partnership worth in excess of £3m and dealing with the dissolution of the partnership.
- Advising a client on a claim against an insurer following its decision to decline to offer cover for a claim worth over £200,000.
- Acting for two individuals in relation to a claim against a firm of solicitors for advice given on the implementation of an estate protection scheme with damages claimed in excess of £1.2m.
Insights by Heather
Restrictive covenants are a useful tool for employers to protect their competitive edge and to reduce the risk of 'star employees' leaving to join competitors. However, failure to draft restrictive...Read More
A new mandatory disclosure pilot scheme has been operating in the Business and Property Courts since 1 January 2019 and will be in place for at least two years. The...Read More
Duty of full and frank disclosure: Wild Brain Family International Ltd v (1) Robson & (2) Chubb  EWHC 3163 (Ch)
In court proceedings injunctive relief may be granted to the claimant after successfully asserting a without notice application in circumstances where, for example, there is a case of extreme urgency...Read More