We are saddened to announce the death of Ian Skuse and express our condolences to his family, friends, contacts and clients.
Please direct all enquiries to Daniel Scognamiglio.
Ian was a leading commercial lawyer in the airline, business travel and leisure travel sectors.
Main areas of practice
Ian was a well-known and respected key adviser to travel businesses, and regular presenter and commentator on airline and travel trade issues.
He represented and advised a variety of businesses in the leisure travel sector including tour operators, travel agents, destination management companies, hotels and other service providers.
Ian qualified as a solicitor in December 1980, and specialised in the travel, tourism and aviation sectors since 1983.
Ian achieved the ‘Senior Statespeople’ ranking in the Chambers & Partners 2023 Guide for ‘Travel: Regulatory & Commercial’.
- Advised airlines in connection with online distribution through vertical agreements with travel agents, including nationwide incentive agreements, marketing campaigns and competition law issues.
- He was a key adviser to major airlines in connection with compliance with EU Regulation 261/2004 and the management of volume claims relating to delayed and cancelled flights.
- Advised travel management companies in connection with RFP and drafted Travel Management Services Agreement between the TMC and key corporate clients.
- Advised clients in the leisure sector in connection with changes to the ATOL Regulations and drafted new Agency Agreements for sales through the trade.
- Advised clients in connection with force majeure incidents, including outbreak of war, strikes, with all associated compliance issues, refunds, re-bookings and compliance with the Package Travel Regulations.