Kirsteen is a Senior Associate in the Charities team and advises charities, schools, academies and other not-for-profit organisations on a wide range of issues.
Main areas of practice
Kirsteen specialises in charity law, including general regulation and governance, Charity Commission requirements and specific issues affecting charities.
She advises on joint ventures, collaboration agreements, mergers and acquisitions, governance, charity formations, incorporations, trading, commercial arrangements, contracts and structures for charity clients, and academies and academy conversions.
Kirsteen’s clients include charities, schools, academies and other not-for-profit organisations.
Kirsteen joined the firm in 2008 and qualified into the Charities team.
- Charity Law Association
- Significant experience advising on charity governance, including new charity formations, structures and incorporations, and advises on charity mergers, collaborative working projects and restructuring of charities.
- Project managed a large number of academy conversions including primary and secondary schools; converter and sponsored academy conversions; special schools; pupil referral units and hospital schools; Catholic and Church of England academy conversions; new academy formations; and formation of academy sponsor MATs.
- During her training contract Kirsteen completed a six month secondment with Save the Children.
- Education: As part of the Education practice group at Blake Morgan, Kirsteen also advises on academy conversions and formations, school mergers and provides governance advice for academy trust companies and educational charities
- Training: She regularly delivers training for charity trustees
- Seminars: Kirsteen speaks at seminars and workshops for charities
- Articles: She also writes articles on issues affecting charities and not-for profit organisations and co-ordinates the Charities team e-bulletin