Sound knowledge of the legal issues and is also able to think out of the box in order to find pragmatic solutions.
Mark is the Head of Private Client Law and is based in our London office. He has a wealth of experience advising individuals, families and trustees on a wide range of complex tax and succession planning issues both onshore and offshore.
Main areas of practice
Mark advises on a wide range of private client law matters and with particular emphasis on Inheritance Tax and estate planning for domestic and international HNWIs. Mark’s experience encompasses trust & estate administration as well as advising on ATED and CGT related issues in relation to property investment and acquisition.
Mark provides a bespoke and holistic service to his clients – often including generations of families, as well as private individuals, trustees and estates.
Mark delivers timely, commercial and workable solutions, with an emphasis on saving his clients money and always with an emphasis on discretion and confidentiality.
- STEP (Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners)
- STEP Philanthropy Advisers Special Interest Group
- Solicitors for the Elderly
- Advising on the re-structuring of a client’s family office
- Advising on the structuring of International assets
- Advising on trust re-structuring
- Advising on a complex UK estate including succession planning for a non-domiciled extended family incorporating ATED related property restructuring
- Winding up the UK estate of a non-resident and non-domiciled individual with extensive assets both in the UK and in several European jurisdictions
- Advising the Trustees of a trust with a foreign beneficiary and successfully bringing the trust to an end, taking into account the complexities of the cross-border issues
- Bespoke succession planning for a high net worth individual incorporating the use of trusts
Mark has particular expertise relating to inheritance tax and estate planning for ultra-high net worth individuals based in Switzerland, but with UK connections and also on the interaction between the UK and Monegasque systems of estate administration.
Insights by Mark
Looking for a place in the sun? How to ensure your Spanish property passes to your chosen beneficiary on death
As the winter months draw in on us, a holiday home in Spain seems like a very appealing prospect but have you thought about what will happen to that property...Read More