Paul Duggan has a burgeoning reputation in the market and excels at handling financings within the leisure and healthcare sectors.
Paul is a Senior Associate in the Banking and Finance team and acts on a variety of finance transactions involving debt finance.
Main areas of practice
Paul has acted on a wide range of debt finance transactions. He focuses on secured lending and real estate finance.
Paul assists clients including banks and lending institutions, corporate borrowers and lenders and not for profits including housing associations.
Paul qualified in 2007 having taken GDL and LPC at the University of the West of England and joined Blake Morgan in august 2017. Paul holds a Bachelor’s degree in Politics from Queen’s University Belfast and a Master’s degree in Society and Space from University of Bristol.
Paul was named as a Rising Star in the Legal 500 2020 rankings.
- Advising a leading bank in connection with term loan and revolving credit facility lending to a specialist provider of education and residential care services to children and young adults with special needs associated with the autism spectrum condition, including negotiation and agreement of LMA based facility documentation.
- Acting for a challenger bank on its loan to a student accommodation provider to restructure the group and provide equity for further acquisitions.
- Advising the outgoing management team on security documents associated with the sale of their business including negotiations with the incoming invoice financier and priority documentation.
- Advising a leading bank in connection with term loan lending to a healthcare borrower in order to refinance an existing portfolio of care homes and provide equity to acquire new operational sites and a site for future development.
- Acting for a leading bank in connection with their loan to a borrower to finance the acquisition of a boutique hotel in the Gower.