Paul is always very approachable, professional and excellent at explaining complex legal matters in layman’s terms, which is extremely helpful. He has gone above and beyond in assisting on several complex matters and is always available to talk things through.
Paul is a Partner in the Banking & Finance team and acts on a variety of finance transactions involving debt finance.
Main areas of practice
Paul has acted on a wide range of debt finance transactions. He focuses on secured lending and real estate finance.
Paul assists clients including banks and lending institutions, corporate borrowers and lenders and not for profits including housing associations.
Paul qualified in 2007 having taken GDL and LPC at the University of the West of England and joined Blake Morgan in august 2017. Paul holds a Bachelor’s degree in Politics from Queen’s University Belfast and a Master’s degree in Society and Space from University of Bristol.
Paul was named as a Rising Star in the Legal 500 2020 and 2021 rankings and a Next Generation Partner in the 2022 rankings. He was also ranked as an Associate to Watch in the Chambers and Partners 2022 Guide.
Paul was promoted to Partner in May 2022.
- Advising a leading bank in connection with term loan and revolving credit facility lending to a specialist provider of education and residential care services to children and young adults with special needs associated with the autism spectrum condition, including negotiation and agreement of LMA based facility documentation.
- Acting for a challenger bank on its loan to a student accommodation provider to restructure the group and provide equity for further acquisitions.
- Advising the outgoing management team on security documents associated with the sale of their business including negotiations with the incoming invoice financier and priority documentation.
- Advising a leading bank in connection with term loan lending to a healthcare borrower in order to refinance an existing portfolio of care homes and provide equity to acquire new operational sites and a site for future development.
- Acting for a leading bank in connection with their loan to a borrower to finance the acquisition of a boutique hotel in the Gower.
"Paul Duggan is a rare thing among banking lawyers – a thorough professional combined with a user-friendly lawyer, who is experienced enough to find solutions which are both watertight and commercial. We always look forward to working with Paul as he really knows his stuff."
"Paul Duggan is highly knowledgeable, personable and able to communicate complex issues in straightforward language."
"Paul Duggan has a burgeoning reputation in the market and excels at handling financings within the leisure and healthcare sectors."
Insights by Paul
Last month the Government launched the Future Fund, a new programme of financial support for "innovative UK companies with good potential". The Future Fund became available on Wednesday 20 May...Read More
First things first - talk to your lender You may already have heard from your lender setting out the kinds of things they can help with. Many have already announced...Read More