Simon Burge is highly experienced and gives excellent practical advice. He forges great relationships with his clients to whom he gives a complete and commercial service. He is also an excellent team leader.
Simon is an experienced family law practitioner specialising in high net value family cases. He is also HM Deputy Coroner for Hampshire (Central).
Main areas of practice
His main areas of practice include divorce, separation agreements, pre-nuptial agreements, post-nuptial agreements, ancillary relief, cohabitation agreements, maintenance, lump sum, property adjustment and pension sharing orders. He also advises on domestic violence injunctions, issues surrounding the enforcement and variation of financial orders, negotiating financial settlements and drafting consent orders, advising in relation to TOLATA and Schedule 1 Children Act claims.
Simon’s clients include high net worth individuals who are experiencing relationship breakdown.
- Arrangements for Children, Parents and Grandparents
- Divorce and Separation
- Family Mediation
- Cohabitation Agreements
- Pre-Nuptial and Post-Nuptial Agreements
Simon joined the firm in 1985 and became a partner in 1989.
- President of the Southern Coroners' Society and Deputy Coroner for Hampshire (Central)
- Member of the Law Society's Family Panel
- Chair of Hampshire Resolution (Solicitors Family Law Association)
- Simon has over 30 years' experience in this field and regularly appears as an advocate on behalf of his clients in the Family Court.
- He has experience in all types of cases, including those with an international dimension, owner-managed businesses and farming cases.
- Simon was instructed as Solicitor for the Appellant in the case of Burns v Burns (which went to the Court of Appeal), concerning the circumstances in which the court can set aside a Consent Order.
Collaborative law: Simon is a Trained Collaborative Lawyer. He is a member of Solent Collaborative Group.
Simon Burge is widely respected in the market and boasts a wealth of experience practising in family and matrimonial law, frequently assisting clients with financial disputes and cases involving children. A client reports: "In dealing with the problem he was gentle, considerate and clever; he was easy to talk to and I felt like he was very honest and that he really cared about me and the outcome of the case."
I was very impressed with your professionalism, your manner and your precision in dealing with this case and this client in particular. It was a genuine pleasure to work with you and I hope we have an opportunity to work together again.”
Department head Simon Burge is described as an "efficient practitioner" with "good all-round ability." He is well versed in handling high net worth matrimonial finance cases and instances of international relocation. He is also a trained collaborative lawyer.”
Insights by Simon
Most people will have only heard of a divorce as being a formal way of ending a marriage, however it is also possible to obtain another form of formal marriage...Read More
Obtaining a Jewish divorce is completely separate from obtaining a civil divorce, but how do the two interlink?Read More