Susannah is a Partner in our Private Client team based in our Oxford office with over 20 years’ legal experience, initially as a litigator, and 13 years’ in the field of private client.
Main areas of practice
Susannah has a breadth of experience in a variety of contentious and also non-contentious private client work, including estate planning (drafting and updating Wills, advising on the use of trusts and tax planning to protect wealth) and estate administration (probates and intestacies). She also has considerable experience in handling issues related to clients’ mental capacity and making applications to the Office of the Public Guardian and the Court of Protection, including the creation and registration of Lasting Powers of Attorney and Deputyship Orders. Susannah acts as professional executor, attorney and trustee.
She has experience of dealing with a wide and varied client base – from families to individuals, including business owners and those with farming interests. She has particular expertise in advising families with bespoke requirements extending to those with vulnerable children or adults.
Susannah is well regarded by her clients and is known for her attention to detail, drive, positivity and pragmatism. She also has a reputation for dealing with people and difficult issues with care and sensitivity.
- Private Client
- Probate and the Administration of Estates
- Court of Protection
- Lasting Power of Attorney
- Will and Inheritance Disputes
Susannah qualified as a solicitor in 2005 and has worked for law firms in Berkshire, Buckinghamshire and Oxfordshire. Prior to joining Blake Morgan in November 2019, Susannah worked at Slade Legal in their Wallingford practice, working her way up to become a Director of that firm in 2016.
- Solicitor, England & Wales - since 2005
- STEP (Society of Trust & Estate Practitioners) – since 2012
- Law Society Private Client Section
- Advising in contentious estates with complex and problematic issues
- Tax-efficient Will drafting
- Preparation of Deeds of Variation
- Drafting Deeds of Appointment in the context of Nil Rate Band Discretionary Trusts
- Liaising with HM Revenue & Customs in connection with determinations on Quick Succession Relief and Inheritance Tax implications of lifetime gifts
- Creation of trusts for vulnerable adults
- Creation and revocation of Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Deputyship and Court of Protection applications
Susannah has and continues to hold roles within local and national charitable organisations, including Dorchester Abbey, the Sue Ryder Hospice and a national charity (the PSPA), which supports patients with terminal illness and their carers.