Contracts and coronavirus: what happens next?
Our commercial and litigation experts shared what they were seeing in the current market and provided helpful support and tips on managing contractual goods and services commitments.
Other topics included:
- how coronavirus will impact the content of commercial agreements and how businesses resolve disputes;
- what lessons can we learn; and
- what will be the lasting effects for contracts?
The interactive discussion was led by Penny Rinta-Suksi, Commercial Partner, and the panel included Aimee Cook, Litigation Associate, Oliver Clymow, Commercial Solicitor and Helen Dent, Litigation Solicitor.
Please click on the ‘Download the recording here‘ button to register your details.
- 2 Entertain Video Ltd and other companies v Sony DADC Europe Ltd  EWHC 972 (TCC)
- Tandrin Aviation Holdings Ltd v Aero Toy Store LLC and another  EWHC 40 (Comm)
- Seadrill Ghana Operations Ltd v Tullow Ghana Ltd  EWHC 1640 (Comm)
- Canary Wharf (BP4) T1 Ltd and other companies v European Medicines Agency  EWHC 921 (Ch)
- Lauritzen ( J ) AS v Wijsmuller BV, The Super Servant Two  1 Lloyd’s Rep 1
- Montgomery v Board of Education 131 NE 497 (1921) (Supreme Court of Ohio)
- Wing v Xiong (DCCJ 3832/2003, Hong Kong District Court)
Blake Morgan's panel of experts
Penny is a commercial lawyer and an OxLEP non executive director. She leads Blake Morgan’s Local Government England team with over 19 years’ experience in advising private sector clients, funders, public sector and third sector on major projects and commercial contracts.
Aimee is an Associate in the Thames Valley Litigation and Dispute Resolution team, specialising in commercial litigation and dispute resolution. Aimee has experience of litigation (High Court), arbitration and mediation.
Ollie is a solicitor in the Commercial Services team, based in the Thames Valley. He advises clients on a wide range of commercial matters and corporate projects across a number of sectors. His focus is on technology, franchising, IP, manufacturing, data protection and negotiating commercial contracts.
Helen is a solicitor in the Thames Valley Litigation and Dispute Resolution team, specialising in commercial litigation and dispute resolution. She has experience in contractual disputes, corporate disputes and contentious probate matters.
Tuesday, 2 June 2020
11.00 am – 11.45 am