In the second webinar in our series, we discussed the move away from working in the office Monday to Friday to “blended working” or even employees working from home permanently.
With more advanced technology available, changing demographics and societal values, blended working or an employee working from home permanently has the potential to add value to a business, its workforce with increased flexibility and potentially improved efficiencies and even the employee’s work / life balance.
However, these new ways of working are not without its challenges, such as effective supervision or the isolation that lone working can bring, in addition to the potential issues in refusing a request for an employee to move to a new way of working.
Employment and data protection topics:
- How to manage employees remotely
- Your health and safety obligations to home workers
- How can you deal with a request to change an employee’s work pattern
- Can you refuse and if so what do you need to consider and are there risks?
- Do you need to change your employment contracts?
- Dealing with data protection and security